Tuesday 17 November 2015

Struggling ....

Yesterday having not rowed since Friday morning I was in with enough time for a 30 min pre work session but after about 3 minutes I stopped - it just didn't feel right on my back - I'd struggled with discomfort since Friday and it slowly got worse to the point my legs where giving me odd sensations which is worrying as it means the disc is affecting the nerve(s) I took the lunchtime session of from rowing and did this new exercise I'd heard or "running" but boring so then I did a few weights and stretches.

This morning I cam in and basically sat on the erg with the premise that if I got one inkling of anything wrong I would get off - 30r20 70% HRR done and felt ok'ish



 So lunchtime came and i decided to get one of my "tougher" sessions done - again on the premise that if I thought for one second it was causing me a issue I would get off. 2k warm up done and I picked last weeks finishing split (1:36.0) and aimed at 1:35.9 for the first rep and negative split - I did increase the pace to r28 which is still very controlled but should be easier on the back. All went well although slightly annoyed that the last rep wasn't sub 1:30 - i achieved 1:33.9 r28 and then the monitor went back and the session wasn't saved on it nor the ergdata - luckily I had taken photos at the end of each rep and stuck them together lol

















No comments:

Post a Comment