Friday 18 December 2015

2k TT next step

So Wednesday as reported I showed signs of tiredness/bug so kept to low rate work - yesterday morning was a similar story and plodded through a 30r20 75% HRR Ave HR 147 Max HR 156 -  8,244m then at lunchtime I planned on rowing a 2k - first 1500m was to be 1:32 r32 and then just finish it off - as I got through 250m though a guy came in and started "fixing" one of the machines in the gym - and seemed to have difficulty as he threw most of the stuff around - really not in the mood for that and so HD time. This morning still tired I woke late and had no time before work to row - so - end of the week lets at least try and finish it well - I noticed the HR this morning had returned to a reasonable level so whatever was "ailing" me had passed referring back to Q's thoughts after my last 2k of 6:23.3 - 17th November

"Still not looking for anything faster than 6:19.9 next 2k - 1:36 cruise and then a push at the end."

I went down with a plan of 1:35 first 500m with the drop to 1:36 middle 1k and then attack the last 500m and so through the warm up. Then the thoughts start - are your legs too tired, have you still got some sickness, did you get enough sleep etc etc. Still I was determined to go and so I did - r30 to start and lift if I needed - all went well for first 30 seconds and then it was as if an avalanche of doubt poured down on me - which was bad enough - but then I had the driest mouth I've ever experienced on the erg - literally no spit at all - normally fluid is coming out from mouth, nose and brow lol - not today though - so breathing became even more difficult than usual but I stuck to my guns and drove on - looking for anything to help me see a finish line - constantly working out how long left - how many strokes - how many meters - finally about a minute out I knew i was going to make it - lets drive on - clicked the mental ticker on with the countdown from 32 strokes and in came the power and down came the pace - about ten strokes from home I was hovering on a 6:16 finish but wanted to get down under that to 6:15 so with a few 1:28's and a few more 1:29's it flicked to showing a 6:15.. finish and through the line I got - not flattened but certainly needed a drink. - One step closer.









No comments:

Post a Comment