Monday 28 December 2015

4by1k 5r - run in to the Irish

Q's plan for the run up to the Irish has been delivered and it's quite an interesting and brutal path - wouldn't have it any other way - one of the mainstay sessions is the 4by1k on 5 min rest - he's given me a desired target which may or may not come before the Irish but a first session target was 1:33.9 and so the plan for the first session would be 1:34.2 - 1:34.2 - 1:33.9 - 1:33.3.

Bit late at night after waiting for the Mrs to finish work so I could get the dogs walked and am carrying a touch of a sore throat (both the daughter and Mrs have been ill recently) but decided feck it lets see what happens - one rep at a time and commit to the session.

Over 90% humidity in the shed - warm up completed and so into the first rep - sat on sub 1:34 pace from start to finish at 30 SPM so just went with it. Second rep and got the dry mouth sensation again - still had that half way through the 2k recently and managed to finish it so kept on the pressure and finished it. OK third rep and commit to the session - no point tip toeing through just to finish the four - could easily have called it a day after that one to be honest - lol - eyed up my target and figured I could row a 1:34.9 and still finish on target - again what's the point - the idea is to drive myself into a place I don't want to be and endure - so I did - and I endured - boy did I endure - one thing about the recent back problems is I know that the is a whole lot worse pain than I ever get to on the erg - finished the fourth rep and down on the floor - 3 minutes later I crawled literally back on to take the snapshot and do a 2 min cool down and then nearly fell down the stairs back to the house ....

all reps from a "standing start"











No comments:

Post a Comment