Tuesday 1 March 2016

1 minute World Record 40-49H with video

Concept2 started recognizing the 1 minute and 100m ergs as world records earlier this year and that combined with a disappointment in the Open Irish 500m (Silver with 1:19.3) led me down the path of a bit of sprint training which also coincided with a lack of time available to erg anyway.

Although I've been keeping my blog going here I haven't published it as I wanted a good crack at the record before letting the other big boys know what I was up to and so should think that either Shawn Baker, Dirk Möller, Rob Smith, Graham Benton, Luke Wollenschlaeger, Marcos Cesar Morales, Mark Roberson, Noel Carey, Lloyd Gilby or Paul Brown (imagine if we all got together for a small team event ...) will add a few meters to this before too long. But for the briefest of times for the second smallest event I hold the record.

Warm up was a 200m steady then 2 minutes low rate and finally a 200m with the first 10 strokes the same as the 1 minute piece. Basically pushed of and hit 1:49 on first stroke then 1:22 and down to 1:13's and held it there - about 5 strokes before the end I was showing 399m as predicated finish but I just paced the finish to make sure I did. Quiet happy about that as my back operation was less than 6 months ago - maybe got some fire back in the Wulf's belly.










6+

No comments:

Post a Comment