Tuesday 5 April 2016

Don't chase the sunset - prepare for the sunrise 30r20 70% HRR

So after two to three weeks of struggling with a combination of flu/chest infection and coming off a back of mixed/messing training after the Irish indoors (due to lack of motivation) which in itself came of the back of months of struggling after the back operation – which came after months of pain – today – the 5th April marks a time when I am going to stop chasing the sunset (i.e. the heights of what I had in terms of where I was personally in my “erg fitness”) and look to build for a new day – a new sunrise. I have quite a lot of “stuff” to deal with outside of the training – looking after the Mrs as best I can, new baby due August, a three and a half year old whom I wouldn’t deny a second of my time to, my four dogs, the house and chores, full time work (with a possibility of moving location and so losing the gym) but none of that is too bad and I’m sure I’ll work my way round it … somehow. Of course I still have to deal with the training aspect itself – I’ve gained weight 115.5kg at the weekend (probably the kick I needed) and I have a continuous ache/pain in my back and legs – well actually my left leg has been pretty numb to the tough since before the operation – but get odd pains and tingles which I suppose I am hyper aware of. Still – I want my sunrise and so I will do what I know works during the dark hours of distance training to nail it – starting with the base build – 30r20 70% HRR crap in terms of distance – fantastic in terms of training and getting me started. Also ergdata has a new release (this is beta test on android but believe it’s live on iphone) and once the piece is loaded to the C2 logbook you click on the magnifying glass next to the piece and you get stroke rate, splits, HR ert (see pictures) - and it now records every stroke which you can download!!


Onwards and upwards!!!





Ergdata upload displayed on PC

Ergdata info displayed on Sony Z3 smart phone





No comments:

Post a Comment