Wednesday 14 September 2016

Hello darkness my old friend - C2CTC - 10r20 HRR 70%

Well hello darkness - returning to the abyss of the erg training - where nothing but pain awaits - oh I'm looking forward to it! Not sure exactly how I am going to get the level of training done I want to but we need to make a start somewhere.

As you may be aware in May of this year our son (who was at 25 weeks gestation) was diagnosed with Edwards Syndrome which basically meant he would not survive - the likelihood was he would pass in the week or so after diagnosis (which was 13th May - a Friday) but he fought on up to July where he chose the most perfect time for the worst possible outcome (that sounds strange but the timing of him passing really couldn't have been a better time due to a lot of reasons including the holiday plans of our consultant) alongside that my work has moved location which meant access to a gym onsite (where I had my own erg) has gone, I have showers I can use - but no gym or space for my erg (so it got sold) I do have a model B in my shed though ;o) and although it's not great it's going to have to do for now - so early morning training it is - today was the start.

Ten minutes - r20 - HRR 70% and boy was the sweat flowing - no warm up just set up and went - after about three or four minutes and I saw the split start to drop I got the old HD demon make it's appearance - not today though not at the start.








No comments:

Post a Comment