Monday 16 January 2017

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face - 1k controlled TT

As I completed my warm up this afternoon this phrase crossed my mind - believe Mike Tyson said it - "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" well in my rowing life that's often the warm up lol I can plan a session in my head days in advance and even up to driving up to the gym that plan stays strong and seems so simple. Then the warm up is complete and your starring down the barrel. The plan today was a 1k rate restricted TT to help build some iron in the mind - this late in the game there is little physiology I can do, training has been all over the place the last year and since new year I've been carrying a bug causing coughing and sneezing fits so all I can do is shore up the mind. After the rate restricted one minutes the other day I figured a 1k TT starting at r30 would be a good idea..... Life over the last few days has had me down so I needed a pick me up - I think I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment