Wednesday 8 April 2015

20 by 1min on 1min off - swings and slides - learning from my daughter

Trained on Friday lunchtime but got interrupted and that was it until yesterday morning (life bumps) when I managed a 30r20 70% HRR before work. Yesterday I had the afternoon off to look after my two and a bit year old daughter so we went to the playground, she loves the swings and slides and yesterday she wanted to go up the big kids slide. She wasn’t able to go up the steps as her legs are too little, but I picked her up and put her halfway up so she could slide down. After a while another toddler came over and climbed up the slide in order to go down it. Lilly saw this and tried to copy it, she must have tried about 20 or 30 times, some of the times I helped her get to halfway, other times she was content with getting only two or three steps up and still enjoyed it. Life lessons there 1) don’t give up on something you enjoy 2) you don’t always have to get to the top to enjoy it 3) there’s always another way 4) when you slide down remember to say “weeeee” it makes it so much more enjoyable. So today I came into work and looked at the clock – I literally had time to do the session and that was it. The session was 20by 1min on 1min off r20 and although not strictly in the Q-Power training schedule it was close enough to say “weeeee” to (I actually spotted it on Fitness Matters WOD on Facebook and it looked like something the Wulf could sink his teeth into. It was, at a time when I feel peeved off with the way training is going and the way “life bumps” are straining me it was just what the doctor ordered. Target was sub 1:35 – off no warm up I missed the target on the first rep but made up for it… 



Selfies tell the story 

After Rep 1 ------------------ After Rep 10 ------------------ After Rep 20




Sweat fest #Beowulf


















No comments:

Post a Comment